Welcome to the Adventurers.
Your class teacher is Miss Ellams.
Your teaching assistant is Mrs McHale.
Time really does fly when you are having fun! The adventurers have settled in brilliantly during their first half term. They fully immersed themselves into the topic 'an adventure into the animal kingdom' and enjoyed visits from Zoolab and a Safari Ranger from Chester Zoo.
Children enjoyed and adapted brilliantly to new routines and transitions and were able to develop in the prime and specific areas of the curriculum through self-exploration in continuous provision and guided group activities which were closely matched to children's individual needs and interests.
The children will be learning lots about celebrations this half term and will be looking at celebrations in other cultures. Talk for writing will continue to be an integral part of children's literacy development as this has proven to widen children's language and vocabulary. Children will also be given multiple opportunities to develop their number and space, shape and measure skills. Phonics is taught twice daily as well as a shared story time at the end of each day to ensure children are developing their love and passion for books as well as becoming accomplished readers.
A few reminders for parents (it is vital that we work in partnership to support your child on their learning journey):
- In adventurers we don't waste a minute of learning time. Therefore, please ensure your child is on time for school and is ready to be collected from the playground at 8:50am.
- Book bags need to be in school everyday (containing your child's reading book and diary).
- Children enjoy PE on a Thursday morning so please ensure children have a full labelled PE kit in school.
- We spend time outdoors so children are welcome to bring a pair of named wellies into school.
- Reading is integral to your child's development. Please ensure that you are reading with your child daily and write a comment in your child's reading diary.
- Stay and learn is every Thursday morning at 9am. Please join us to share your child's achievements and find out what your child has been learning throughout the week.