Discoverers 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Discoverers!
Your class teacher: Miss Connor
A very warm welcome to Year One. In Discoverers, we discover new information every day. We love to read, explore and investigate.
This term, our history question is: 'Who was famous when my mum and dad were young?' We will be focusing on the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
In English - We will be beginning the term looking at Poetry. This will be followed by work on our fiction text. Our Key text is: Nibbles the Book Monster by Emma Yarlett.
In Maths - We are continuing to develop our understanding of Addition and Subtraction and Place Value. We will also be beginning to look at Shape.
- PE will be every Monday and Thursday. PE kits will remain in school and go home at the end of each half term to be cleaned. PE will be mostly outdoors so please provide your child with the appropraite kit.
- Reading books will be changed EVERY FRIDAY. Your child will have the same reading book sent home and in their tray so they can read at home and in school every day.
- Book bags must be brought in EVERY FRIDAY so your child can recieve new books.
- Your child needs to bring a water bottle to school every day and it must be filled only with water.
- Please follows the class instagram page, 'staugustinesdiscoverersy1' for regular updates, information or to contact the class teacher.
- Please access teams EVERY MONDAY for your child's weekly homework and spellings.
Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Phonics play - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Numberblocks - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPlwvN0w4qFSP1FllALB92w
Alphablocks - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_qs3c0ehDvZkbiEbOj6Drg
Files to Download
Discoverers: News items
There are no News items to display
Discoverers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display