Explorers 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Explorer's Class Page!
Your class teacher is Miss Scott
Your teaching assistants are Miss Murphy and Mrs Bennett
Summer Two - Benin
When did the Kingdom of Benin begin and what can we learn from them?
During this half term we will discover more about the kingom of Benin. We will find out where the kingdom of Benin was, how the people of Benin lived and the languages spoken. Next, we will look into settlement patterns and demographic trends. Then, we will find out about the resources they had and how they used them for trade. After that, we will learn how to create overlay maps that show the development of empires and kingdoms in West Africa. Finally, we will research into the rise and establishment of the Benin Kingdom; consider what brought the Edo people to the rainforests of Benin and how the empire grew.
In English, we will be focusing on our text The Hunter.
In Maths, we will be developing our knowledge properties of shape, position and direction, statistics and problem solving.
- PE will take place on Wednesday and Thursday each week. Please ensure your child has the correct kit available in school.
- Reading books to come into school daily. Please read every night with your child and books will be changed each Friday or when appropriate.
- Your book bag must be in school each day.
- Please practise Timetable Rock Stars each night with your child. Will you be a Rock Hero?
- Your child needs to bring a water bottle into school daily, filled with water and a piece of fruit for snack, if desired.
Time Table Rock Stars
BBC Bitesize - KS2
SATs style questions - Click on the SATs organiser (split into different sections and units)
Files to Download
Explorers: News items
There are no News items to display
Explorers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display