Explorers 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Explorer's Class Page!
Your class teacher is Miss Scott
Your teaching assistants are Miss Murphy and Mrs Bennett
Autumn One - Medieval England
How would you have survived Medieval England?
During this half term we will finding out about the Medieval period in England. We will be thinking about how long the period lasted and the key events that happened. During the term we will be learning about the Battle of Hastings, William the Conqueror, Domesday Book, The Black Death and Kings and Queens of the period. Finally, we will focus on a range of castles including Motte and Bailey castles and create our own.
In English, we will be focusing on Queen of the Falls by Chris Van Allsburg.
In Maths, we are developing our knowledge of place value. We will then be focusing on the four operations and finally exploring fractions.
- PE will take place on Wednesday and Thursday each week. Please ensure your child has the correct kit available in school.
- Reading books to come into school daily. Please read every night with your child and books will be changed each Friday or when appropriate.
- Your book bag must be in school each day.
- Please practise Timetable Rock Stars each night with your child. Will you be a Rock Hero?
- Your child needs to bring a water bottle into school daily, filled with water and a piece of fruit for snack, if desired.
Time Table Rock Stars
BBC Bitesize - KS2
SATs style questions - Click on the SATs organiser (split into different sections and units)
Files to Download
Explorers: News items
There are no News items to display
Explorers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Explorers: Gallery items
Explorers: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display