Junior Explorers 2022 - 2023
Welcome to the Junior Explorer's Class Page!
Class teacher - Miss Scott
Teaching assistant - Miss Murphy
Welcome to Junior Explorers class page. We hope you have had a super summer break. We look forward to welcoming the children back on on Monday 5th September.
Autumn One - Vikings
Were the Vikings always victorious and vicious?
During this half term we will discover more about the Vikings after learning about the Anglo Saxons last year. First, we will learn where the Vikings originated from and show this on a map. Then, we will learn that the Vikings and Anglo-Saxons were often in conflict with eachother. Next, we will focus on why the Vikings frequently won battles with the Anglo-Saxon and how they lived their lives. Finally, we will learn about their food, weapons and their daily lives.
In English, we will be focusing on the text Star of Fear, Star of Hope.
In Maths, we will be developing our knowledge of place value and then moving onto the four operations.
- P.E will take place on THURSDAY each week. Please ensure your child has the correct kit available in school (yellow school top, black shorts and pumps/trainers). From Autumn 1 we will go swimming every TUESDAY.
- Home Reading - Reading books and diaries must come into school daily. Please read every night with your child and sign their diary. Reading books will be changed each Friday or when appropriate.
- Your school book bag must be in school everyday.
- Homework - Homework will be given every MONDAY. Children will have a set of 10 weekly spellings which they will write into their homework book and practise daily. Their spelling test will be on a FRIDAY.A Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activity will also be given each MONDAY. Alongside this, children must practise their times tables each week. Time tables test will be on a FRIDAY. Timetable Rock Stars - Your child will be given a log in for Timetable Rock Stars to use at home and in school. Please ensure your child practises at home. Will you be a Rock Hero?
- Your child needs to bring a water bottle into school daily, filled with water and a piece of fruit for snack, if desired.
On Friday 14th October, we will be visiting Norton Priory for the day to take part in a Viking workshop. The cost per child will be £7 to be paid to the school office. A permission slip will be sent shortly.
On Thursday 20th October, we will have the Story Barn visiting us. This will be £4.50 per child.
Time Table Rock Stars
BBC Bitesize - KS2
SATs style questions - Click on the SATs organiser (split into different sections and units)
Files to Download
Junior Explorers: News items
Junior Explorers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display