Rangers 2022 - 2023
Welcome to the Rangers class page!
Your class teacher is Mrs Moseley!
What goes on at an airport and a train station?
This half term we will discover all about travel. Children will use a map to locate the nearest airport and main train station, recognise the procedures followed when travelling by air and discover how trains help us to move around within the UK. Then we will learn all about jobs that are associated with airports and train stations and discover where some of the main airports are in the world.
English - In English we will be focusing on our text 'The Dragon Machine' and 'The Dragonsitter'.
- Use subordination (because) and coordination (and)
- Write expanded noun phrases to describe and specify
- Use punctuation correctly –full stop, capital letters
- Add suffixes to verbs where no change is needed to the root
Maths - In maths we are developing our knowledge of 'Money' and 'Multiplication and Division'
- Recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value
- Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change
- Calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division within the multiplication tables and write them using themultiplication (×), division (÷) and equals (=) signs
- PE will take place on a Thursday and Friday each week. Please ensure your child has their correct kit in school. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term to be washed.
- Book bags, reading books and diaries must be signed and brought to school daily.
- Homework willbe set on monday and due in on Friday of that week.
- Children's reading books will be changed each Friday or when appropriate.
- Your child needs to bring a water bottle to school, filled with water only and a piece of fruit for snack if desired.
Time Table Rock Stars
BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Files to Download
Rangers: News items
Rangers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Rangers: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Rangers: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display