Trackers 2022 - 2023
Welcome to the Trackers!
Your class teacher is Mrs Owen
Your teaching assistant is Mrs Bennett
Autumn Two - What makes the Earth angry?
In geography, we will start by exploring what causes a volcano to erupt and where are the famous volcanoes in the world. We will also look at how volcanoes impact on the lives of people and why do people choose to live near them. This will lead into recreating an erupting volcano. This area of learning will also focus on what causes an earthquake and how they are measured. We will also research why we experience floods so often in the UK.
In art, we will develop our drawing/sketching skills to create a volcano.
In English, we will be focusing on the text 'Winter's Child' by Graham Baker-Smith.
In Maths, we will continue developing our knowledge of addition and subtraction. Then, moving onto multiplication and division.
- P.E will take place on MONDAY and THURSDAY each week. Please ensure your child has the correct kit available in school (yellow school top, black shorts and pumps/trainers).
- Home Reading - Reading books and diaries must come into school daily. Please read every night with your child and sign their diary. Reading books will be changed each Friday or when appropriate.
- School Bag - Your school book bag must be in school everyday.
- Homework - Homework will be given every MONDAY. Children will have a set of weekly spellings which they must practise daily. Their spelling test will be on a FRIDAY. A Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activity will also be given each MONDAY. Alongside this, children must practise times tables each week, using TimeTables Rockstars. A timetables test will be on every FRIDAY.
- Timetables Rock Stars - Your child will be given a log in for Timetables Rock Stars to use at home and in school. Please ensure your child practises at home. Will you be a Rock Hero?
- Water Bottles and Snack - Your child needs to bring a water bottle into school daily, filled with water and a piece of fruit for snack, if desired.
School Trips/Visitors - This term, as part of our knowledge unit of work (What Makes the Earth Angry?) we will be taking part in a virtual volcanoes and earthquakes workshop with the National Museum on Thursday 24th November 2022. There is no cost involved for this workshop.
White Rose Maths- '1 Minute Maths'
Time Table Rock Stars
BBC Bitesize - KS2
Trackers: News items
Trackers: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Trackers: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Trackers: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display